Saturday, February 28, 2009

Quick, Easy & Affordable - Slow Cooker Meals


I've always used my slow cooker to make my life easier. Now with the economy the way it is, I find myself using it even more.

Unstead of having to have a serving size portion of meat for each person in my family, I make a stew, or soup with a fraction of the amount of meat I would normally. I get more veggies into my family and I save myself a fortune.

As an example. I like to buy my ground beef in large value packages. It helps me save money. I then take some time and divide up the beef into smaller packages, and make tons of meat balls and freeze them all on a parchement paper lined baking sheet. Once they are frozen, I drop them into large freezer bags to be used as needed.

On the days I know I'm going to be rushed to put supper on the table, I take out my slow cooker, drop in some meat balls, open up a can of spegetti sauce and cover the meat balls with it. I put my slow cooker on low, or 8 - 10 hours and when I come home I have the makings for the best meat balls subs.

My family thinks of this supper as a special treat. Guess the secret is out on just out easy it is to make.

I do have a special recipe I make my meat balls out of however. Keep reading.

Like this recipe? Make sure you check out the other recipes at our site.
We're still in the construction stages, but we've already posted some of my all-time favorites.

Have a recipe you would like to share? Would love to try it out! Email it to love2bake@live.ca

Happy Baking!

Best Ever Hamburgers
**I use this to make my meat balls as well. They have so much flavour.

The measurements are not exact as you can customize to your taste preference.

Ground beef
1 egg
Italian bread crumbs – enough so the egg is absorbed
Onion soup mix – to taste
Salt
Pepper
Worcestershire sauce



Other ideas to include in the mix:

Grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh chopped parsley
Garlic powder


**If you’re making a large batch of hamburgers, I use 2 eggs. (Costco size package)

***If you do not have Italian bread crumbs, use the plain variety but toss in some Italian seasoning or other dried herb spices.

**** Start with less and add more if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment